The Teaching Learning Professional Development (TLPD) web site is an initiative developed by BCcampus with the B.C. post-secondary educator community. This web-based resource aims to support post-secondary educators in promoting and finding teaching and learning professional development opportunities and the building of community connections.
- To support providers in the promotion of teaching and learning professional development opportunities for B.C. post-secondary educators by hosting, developing and evaluating a pilot website or portal;
- To increase access to, and engagement with, professional development opportunities, resources and people. Phase 1 will focus on teaching and learning professional development events.
- For more information visit BCcampus or send us a note via contact us.
BCcampus is sponsoring this project in response to interest expressed by the B.C. post-secondary educators and informed by a stakeholder survey conducted in January and February 2018. The TLPD is being developed in consultation with a Project Advisory Committee comprised of members and stakeholders from the B.C. post-secondary community.
How does the web portal work?
- B.C. post-secondary organizers (with an authenticated account) will be able to post professional development opportunities offered by their institution/organization;
- Posted events can be viewed by searching by a keyword, topic, location or date to generate a listing of B.C. professional development offerings.
How will the site be developed and maintained?
- Over the duration of the project (currently 2017- March 2019 for phase 1), TLPD will be monitored after implementation and modified through an iterative design cycle informed by feedback from by B.C. post-secondary educators.
- The completion of the Project Phase 1 will include a summary report of project milestones and findings, as well as recommendations for future development and sustainability, informed by the Project Advisory and community member feedback.