Boost Your Facilitation Practice with Liberating Structures
April 23, 2020 - April 24, 2020
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Royal Roads University
Add to My Calendar
Liberating Structures are processes that can be used with groups of any kind. They are “serious fun” activities to support engagement, collaboration, and innovation. Whether you occasionally run meetings or lead teams through complex cycles of organizational change, you will find useful tools to boost your facilitation practice and effectiveness. As an important step in exploring Liberating Structures, this workshop invites you to experience many Liberating Structures activites as a participant.
In this workshop, offered in partnership with BC Campus, you will experience many Liberating Structures activities as a participant, and move toward learning how to choose, structure, and sequence Liberating Structures for your individual facilitation challenges and contexts. By the end of the 2 days, you will have many new tools and ideas to boost your facilitation practice and impact.
Who should attend? All who are called to facilitate meetings, workshops, classes, presentations, groups, processes and change.
- Choose appropriate Liberating Structures for your individual facilitation challenges and contexts
- Recognize the advantage of sequencing several Liberating Structures together to generate productive strings for longer sessions
- Describe key features of Liberating Structures
- Choose appropriate Liberating Structures activities to support specific facilitation goals
- Reflect on their experience of several Liberating Structures activities to apply to planning and delivery
- Access additional resources and supports for future work with Liberating Structures
Tracy Kelly and Beth Cougler Blom
Tracy Roberts, MA (Education), Certified Team Performance Practitioner, is a facilitator, graphic recorder, and lifelong doodler with nearly 20 years of experience in adult and higher education, learning design, educational technology, faculty development and managing teams, processes, and change. Beth Cougler Blom, MEd, is a facilitator and learning designer who creates effective group learning events and meetings, either face-to-face or online. She teaches workshops to help people develop online or face-to-face facilitation skills and provides facilitation services to groups who would like additional support
Royal Roads University
$595 plus applicable taxes
Registration Contact Phone Number
Registration Contact Email
Event is open to external