Visual Facilitation Practices: Level 1
May 1, 2020
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Royal Roads University
Add to My Calendar
A very hands-on, practical introduction to the basic drawing and lettering skills that support a variety of visual facilitation and note-taking practices (e.g. graphic recording, graphic facilitation, Sketchnotes). Participants will experiment with live, large-scale visual work on walls and smaller-scale work on flip charts, letter-size paper, and notebooks or digital tablets. This fast-paced session will explore drawing your way toward integrating more visuals into your life and work. NO art or drawing background needed!
Ideal for workshop facilitators, teachers, team leaders, project, process and change managers, and anyone who takes notes. If you are one of those folks who has ever said, “I can’t even draw a stick person!”…you will be able to draw at least 5 types by the end of the day!
ALL drawing materials are provided. Feel free to bring any materials you want to experiment with except anything that needs water to utilize (e.g. paints).
- What is graphic recording, graphic facilitation, Sketchnotes™, and other “visual practices”?
- The basic writing & drawing skills: lettering, simple shapes, lines, arrows, bullets, text containers, people, colour & shading, etc.
- Integrating visual practice into work you already do
- Learn and practice the basic skills that support graphic recording and visual note taking practices
- Start building your visual vocabulary to use in your field/practice/industry
- Understand some the practical/logistics required to plan and do this work (e.g. about materials, set up, working with a facilitator, etc.)
- See multiple examples of visual practice that can be adopted and adapted in your own work
- Gather a number of resources and ideas to support your next steps
Tracy Roberts, MA (Education), Certified Team Performance Practitioner, is a facilitator, graphic recorder, and lifelong doodler with nearly 20 years of experience in adult and higher education, learning design, educational technology, faculty development and managing teams, processes, and change. She has a passion for helping and seeing others succeed, and believes most things turn out better when approached with energy, attention to detail, and a big scoop of humour.
Royal Roads University
Event is open to external
$325 + applicable taxes
Registration Contact Phone Number
Registration Contact Email